Monday, August 3, 2009

Empty books and warm Farewells

A couple of years ago, two friends gave me a book. This happened when I was at the airport in Lisbon ready to start a new adventure in another country, but that's a different story for another post. Between tears, hugs and farewells, as I received the gift, I saw that it was an empty book that they handed me. I was curious and asked why, and my friends kindly replied that the empty book was a way to register all of the upcoming adventures and one day share with them all that I had written. May truth be told that I barely touched it, and a lot happened in between. So with all my shame and apologies I created this blog, inspired by those two friends, whom I have known since I was a child. By the way, the title on the book was: The Rock'n Roll Chronicles of Richard Petterson.
Here's to them, here’s to not letting your friends down, I honour you both with the following song from Depeche Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment